Biologist and translator specialising in pharmaceutical and medical translations.
Claire holds a degree in Biology from the University of East Anglia in Norwich (UK). She was born and grew up in Spain in a multilingual environment, and her native languages are Spanish, English, and French.
After spending several years doing further studies and working in the field of biology in various countries she returned to Spain.
Before becoming a professional fulltime translator, she worked as a clinical research associate in the pharmaceutical industry for several years, first for a pharmaceutical laboratory and then for a contract research organisation (CRO). This gave her an excellent first-hand insight into the field of clinical research.
- MA in Medical and Healthcare Translation (Universidad Jaume I, Castellón, Spain – (Network of European Master’s in Translation of the European Commission) – First Class with Honours.
- BSc (Hons) in Biology (University of East Anglia, UK).
- French Baccalaureat, Science section (French Lycée, Madrid, Spain).
- Writing in the Sciences (Standford Online Lagunita – School of Medicine; Prof: Dr. Kristin Sainani).
- Editing non-native English of academic and scientific texts (eCPD Webinar; Prof: Dr. Joy Burrough-Boenisch).
- University teacher at Universidad Jaume I (Spain) in the MA programme in Medical and Healthcare Translation.
- Member of Tremédica – Asociación Internacional de Traductores y Redactores de Medicina y Ciencias Afines (International Association of Translators and Editors of Medicine and Allied Sciences) and MedTrad.
- Associate member of ITI – Institute of Translation and Interpreting (UK).